Hello! Thank you for shopping at linaliva.com.
Protecting your privacy is very important to us. We will only use your information to improve your experience in our shop and fulfil your orders, ensuring the best possible service for you. We do our best to only collect information we actually need.
What information we collect, and why:
Your name: To make an order at linaliva.com, we need to have your name. We use it to create an invoice for your purchase, as we are legally required to do. If you are ordering for yourself, your name will also be used for postal services.
Name for delivery: if you are ordering for someone else, we will also need their name for packaging and delivery, as provided by you.
Your full address (for payment): we need an address to generate invoices, as legally required
Delivery address: we need to know where to deliver
Your phone number: we use different delivery service providers according to the location of delivery. Many delivery services request a phone number to contact you to schedule a time for delivery and/or to contact you in case there is any delays or problems reaching you. If you are purchasing a product that will be delivered for someone else, we will store their phone number (as provided to us). If you chose to not give us your phone number, your product will still be sent for delivery, but any possible delivery issues wont be solved as easily.
Your e-mail address: we like to keep you in the loop about your order processing and delivery status, and we need your email address to do so. Don't worry, there is no spam involved. We will not send you newsletters or promotional emails unless you explicitly ask us to do so by signing up to our newsletter and sales notifications.
Your location: if you choose to share your location with us (this is defined in your browser settings, often under "share my location" or "grant access to my location") we use your geolocation to redirect you to the correct version of our site, so you can view everything in your language and currency. You can change the language and location settings at any time. If you do not wish to share your location, you can turn this feature off on your browser settings. Currently our site is available in English and German - Portuguese will be coming soon.
Your order history: we need to keep this information for a while so we can process any refunds or returns for faulty items (though that most likely won't happen!). We also need to keep this to uphold our terms of service and provide you with the best experience possible.
Your contact history with us: if you send us an email or message through social media to report any issues with your delivery/purchased products, we will keep that communication saved, so that we can refer to it later, and find the best possible solution for you.
Your payment information and our transaction history: we are legally required to keep a record of all our financial transactions with you, as well as the payment method used for invoice and tax purposes, but don't worry - we don't keep your card's security code!
Information about the phone/laptop/device used to access our website: the best websites are responsive ones. This means that we cater our website appearance and features to the screen size being used, so that you can easily view everything and have the best user experience. We also save your IP address (you can turn this off by surfing in "incognito" mode or similar on your browser) so that we remember you. This is useful in case you left something on your cart and came back later to finish the purchase, for example.
Social media: if you tag us or share one of our products in social media, we might ask your permission to share it on our own social media accounts. Depending on how we share that post (ex: Instagram stories), your username might be visible. We only do this with your permission.
Fraud prevention/detection: all the information listed above is also used by us to prevent and detect fraud in any of our transactions with our customers. This is done both you and our services, as legally required.
Sharing: What information do we share with third parties, and why?
We like to build a relationship with our clients that is based on trust, and keep it so. This means:
- We will never share any of your information with third parties unless it is absolutely necessary to fulfil your order and/or optimise your customer experience
- We will never sell any of your personal information - such as your name, email address, address, credit card or Paypal account - to any third party, ever.
As mentioned above, we do need to share some of your information with third parties so as to fulfil your orders. These third parties are listed here:
- Delivery companies: we don't deliver our products personally, so we need to share the name, address, and phone number for delivery provided to us with the delivery company. This is the only way to get our product to you.
- Partner brands: we sell a few products that are not from the linaliva brand or made by us. These get sent from one of our partners directly to you. You can check each product's brand on the individual product page. If it says anything other than "Brand: linaliva" and you chose to purchase that product, we will send your delivery information to that partner so that your order is fulfilled.
- Product production companies/providers: as stated in our values, we do not believe in unnecessary/mass production, as it inevitably creates trash and increases our carbon footprint. This means that every order is made especially for you by one of our (trustworthy!) production partners around the globe, and the sent directly to you, to decrease both shipping times and again, our carbon footprint. In order to produce your order and send it directly to you, the production partner(s) responsible for your order will need your order information and a shipping name and address. They do not have access to any other information you provide to us. If you wish to know more, you can contact us.